Ultrapak cord is made of 100% cotton, knitted into thousands of tiny loops to form long, interlocking chains. This unique knitted design exerts a gentle, continuous outward force following placement, as the knitted loops seek to open. Optimal tissue displacement occurs in 3–8 minutes. Ultrapak E knitted cord is impregnated with racemic epinephrine hydrochloride.
- The original—and smallest—knitted cord
- Provides rapid tissue displacement, detailed margins, and quality impressions
- Facilitates easy packing and stays placed better than any twisted or braided cord
- Compresses upon packing then expands for optimal retraction
- Does not entangle in diamond bur
- Bright colors facilitate easy location and removal
- Available with or without epinephrine*
- High carbon steel blade ensures a clean cut
- Thin plastic gate prevents cord from falling into the bottle upon cutting
- Ruler printed on label provides easy cord measurement
*Note: Do not use Ultrapak E knitted cord or other epinephrine preparations with ferric sulfate solutions, including ViscoStat™, Astringedent™, and Astringedent™ X hemostatics, as a blue/black precipitate will occur. Ultrapak cord with Epinephrine is not available in all countries.
Indications for Use
Ultrapak knitted cord is used for rapid tissue displacement prior to impression making and can also be used to deliver ferric sulfate solutions subgingivally for sulcular fluid control. Ultrapak cord is designed to enhance ViscoStat and Astringedent hemostatics when used with the Dento-Infusor™ tip tissue management technique. Conventional techniques using alum, aluminum chloride, etc. are also enhanced when using Ultrapak plain knitted cords, which carry significantly greater quantities of hemostatic solution than conventional cords.