35% Phosphoric Acid Etchant with Benzalkonium Chloride
Select HV Etch is a superior 35% high viscosity phosphoric etch available with Benzalkonium Chloride (BAC). Select HV Etch is used to condition the tooth structure before bonding adhesives, composites, or sealants. Select HV Etch is specially formulated for maximum working and handling, pin-point placement performance, and eliminating run-on onto the dentin surface.
NOTE: Inclusion of BAC has not been shown to correlate with a reduction in secondary decay in patients. In-vivo clinical studies to evaluate the effects of BAC on oral bacteria or caries have not been performed.
- Rinses away cleanly and quickly leaving no residue to interfere with bonding
- Blue in color for easy visualization and contrast
- Microretentive surface characteristics that are necessary for successful bonding
- Contains benzalkonium chloride (BAC), an antimicrobial agent. In-vitro research shows it is effective against Streptococcus mutans1,2.
1. M.Sc.Dt. Emre ÖZEL, Dr. Haktan YURDAGÜVEN, Yrd.Doç.Dr. Esra CAN SAY, Prof.Dr. Sesin KOCAGÖZ, Evaluation of the Antibacterial Activity of Disinfectant Solutions with Phosphoric Acids Against Streptococcus Mutans. Journal of Hacettepe Faculty of Dentistry, Volume: 29, Issue 4, Page: 8-14, 2005
2. M. TURKUN1, Z. ERGUCU, L.S. TURKUN, E.U. CELIK, and M. ATES, Is Phosphoric Acid Sufficiently Antibacterial?,J Dent Res 85 (Spec Iss B):abstract number 1605, 2006 (www.dental research.org).