Opalescence Boost in-office power whitener is a chemically activated gel that provides brighter, whiter teeth after about an hour in the dental chair. The powerful 40% hydrogen peroxide gel is chemically activated, so it doesn’t require a hot, uncomfortable light to work. Using the unique double-syringe configuration, the clinician activates the 40% hydrogen peroxide formula just prior to application, ensuring every dose of Opalescence Boost whitening is fresh and effective.
- Chemically activated, so no light is needed
- Powerful 40% hydrogen peroxide gel
- Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride)
- Fresh chemical for each application
- Precise delivery
- Easy to see for complete removal
- Two to three 20-minute applications
- Thicker formula prevents the gel from running
- No refrigeration required prior to mixing
Indications for Use
Before and After Opalescence Boost Whitening
No Light Needed
Scientific studies1-7; have proven that the best in-office whitening results do not require a light. That’s why Opalescence Boost whitening has always been chemically activated for the highest quality in-office whitening available.
Offering dramatic results after just two or three 20-minute treatments, Opalescence Boost whitening is perfect for patients looking for instant whitening gratification or those who have an important event coming up that requires a bright, white smile.
Innovative Mixing and Delivery
Opalescence Boost whitening uses a unique syringe-to-syringe mixing method to ensure the maximum strength possible. Once the gel is mixed, Opalescence Boost whitening is conveniently applied to the teeth through the Micro 20 ga FX™ tip. This specially designed tip has flocked fibers on the end to allow quick, easy, and precise delivery. The Black Mini™ tip or the Micro 20 ga tip are also suitable options for Opalescence Boost gel application.
With its powerful 40% hydrogen peroxide formula, Opalescence Boost whitening can provide noticeable whitening results in about an hour. Because of its powerful concentration, Opalescence Boost whitening is only administered by a dental professional.
Distinct Red Color
The noticeable color of Opalescence Boost whitening makes it easy to see, which helps during placement and removal.
Opalescence™ whitening products are among the most stable whitening products in the industry, maintaining virtually all of its effectiveness over the course of its shelf life.8,9 Because delivery times vary depending on the location of each particular dental office, Opalescence whitening products are formulated with transit time in mind, so they remain stable even after being shipped across the country. In fact, stability studies performed on Opalescence tooth whitening gels have shown that the peroxide potency at the end of the product’s shelf life is consistently 90% or greater.
Formulated with High Water Content
Many whitening products on the market dehydrate teeth, resulting in uncomfortable sensitivity for patients. Opalescence Boost whitening is formulated with a high water content to keep the teeth hydrated during the whitening process. This high water content reduces shade relapse and dehydration to maximize patient comfort.
Gluten Free and Kosher Certified
Opalescence whitening products are gluten free and kosher certified, so they fit in with the lifestyles and beliefs of patients from any background.
Perfectly Balanced pH
Because tooth whitening gel can be in the mouth for several hours at a time, it’s important to use a product with a pH that closely matches the natural pH of a patient’s saliva. Opalescence Boost whitening contains added buffers to help maintain neutral pH levels, so it’s never acidic. Opalescence Boost whitening is specially formulated with the patient’s experience in mind.
Sold Directly to Licensed Dental Professionals Only
Ultradent Products, Inc. is committed to supporting the dental community. Because tooth whitening is most successful when supervised by a dentist, Opalescence whitening is sold directly to licensed dental professionals only. It’s important for dentists to ensure their patients understand the whitening procedure, have realistic expectations of the outcome, and have an enjoyable experience so they are pleased with the final result.
Easily Combined with Other Opalescence Whitening Products for Customized Treatments
While each Opalescence whitening product is effective in a stand-alone whitening regimen, many patients prefer to use a combination of treatments or products to meet their needs. Because every Opalescence whitening product works in combination with the others, it’s easy to create a custom regimen for any patient.
The names Opalescence whitening and Ultradent are synonymous with quality. All of our research and development is done in-house. So is our manufacturing and quality control. This allows us to guide and oversee the entire process—from the time an Opalescence whitening innovation is conceived to the time it’s created and packaged for shipping. We have met the strictest standards, and our facility is ISO 9001 certified. All of this ensures every product performs exactly as it’s supposed to for you and for your patients.
Made in the USA
Opalescence whitening gels and syringes are manufactured at Ultradent’s facility in Utah. By purchasing products manufactured in the USA, you’re supporting our nation’s economy, and you’re helping to provide jobs for hundreds of Americans who take pride in what they do. Buying from a USA company like Ultradent also means you’ll get fresh formulations right from our own facility—not a product that may have been held up or delayed by a third-party.
- Place protective eyeware and clothing on yourself and the patient to prevent contact with whitening agent. Check to see that the syringes are securely attached before mixing. To mix, follow the instructions on the reverse side.
- Press all mixed gel into the RED syringe. Separate the two syringes and attach the Micro 20 ga FX™ tip or other recommended tip, onto the red syringe. Check the flow on a cotton gauze or pad prior to applying it intraorally. If resistance is met, replace the tip and recheck the flow.
- Place Ultradent IsoBlock™ bite block and self-supporting plastic cheek retractors. Completely rinse and air dry teeth and gingiva.
- Securely attach a Micro 20 ga tip to OpalDam™ resin barrier and check flow. Express a continuous bead along the gingival margin, overlapping approximately 0.5 mm onto the enamel. Begin and finish the bead one tooth beyond the most distal tooth that is being whitened, building the barrier 4–6 mm high and 1.5–2.0 mm thick. Express the resin through any open embrasures.
- Light cure the OpalDam Green resin barrier for 20 seconds per arch using a scanning motion. Check the resin cure with an instrument using caution not to disrupt the seal.
- Apply a 0.5–1.0 mm thick layer of gel to the labial surface of the tooth. Allow the gel to remain on the teeth for 20 minutes per application.
- Suction gel from teeth using the Ultradent™ Luer Vacuum Adapter and SST™ tip or a surgical suction tip. Do not use water. Repeat steps 6–7. Stop when desired results are achieved, or if the three applications per visit maximum has been met.
- After the final application is complete and all visible gel is removed, thoroughly rinse teeth with an air/water spray and the high volume suction.
- Gently slide the tip of a dental instrument beneath the OpalDam resin barrier and lift it off. Check for and remove any interproximal remnants.
- Evaluate the shade change. If additional whitening is desired and no significant sensitivity is noted, reschedule the patient in 3–5 days for repeat treatment or dispense take-home whitening treatment.