UltraEZ gel quickly eliminates sensitivity from tooth whitening, thermal and chemical changes, root exposure, and toothbrush abrasion. Its sustained-release potassium nitrate and fluoride formula provides immediate results to help your patients stop being so sensitive. Available in both syringes and prefilled, disposable trays.
- Quickly eliminates sensitivity from tooth whitening, toothbrush abrasion, root exposure, and thermal and chemical changes
- Features potassium nitrate and fluoride, which have been shown to decrease sensitivity1
- Available in disposable, prefilled trays as well as in syringes for use with custom trays
- Prefilled UltraFit™ tray adapts to any smile for a comfortable fit
- Can be used before and after whitening treatments
Indications for Use
UltraEZ desensitizing gel is a sustained-release sticky, viscous gel that contains 3% potassium nitrate and 0.11% weight-by-weight fluoride ion. It provides a film-like varnish for sensitive teeth, sealing dentinal tubules of exposed dentin and other areas where postoperative sensitivity is a concern. The product is used either by a dental professional in the office or provided to the patient for home treatment of dentin sensitivity.
Unlike other desensitizing agents, UltraEZ gel provides immediate relief. And what’s better is its unique sustained-release formula provides benefits even after the application is over.
The Perfect Complement for Opalescence™ Boost™ In-Office Whitening
Sensitivity is a challenge with all tooth whitening procedures. Naturally, in-office whitening can cause more sensitivity because of the higher concentration of peroxide used during treatment. Having an UltraEZ desensitizing gel treatment handy can be a great way to show your patients you care about not only their oral health and appearance, but their comfort level as well.
Potassium Nitrate and Fluoride
UltraEZ desensitizing gel contains an optimum combination of potassium nitrate and fluoride. Findings have confirmed that the potassium nitrate and fluoride actually help to minimize sensitivity.1
For some patients, tooth sensitivity can be a side effect of tooth whitening, toothbrush abrasion, thermal and chemical changes, and root exposure. Sensitivity may even discourage those patients from further treatments. Providing a treatment that immediately helps eliminate tooth sensitivity will ensure a better experience for your patients.
UltraEZ desensitizing gel is available in two convenient delivery options. For patients with custom trays, offer UltraEZ gel in syringes. The application is the same as Opalescence™ whitening in syringes, so your patients will already be familiar with it. For patients who don’t have custom trays, UltraEZ gel also comes in prefilled, disposable trays. These are the same UltraFit trays found in our Opalescence Go™ whitening! They are extremely comfortable, adapting to the shape of the patients’ anatomy, while also ensuring the gel stays in place to provide optimal results.
UltraEZ desensitizing gel is great for treating sensitivity after a whitening procedure, but it can also be great for use before a whitening treatment begins. For patients with a history of sensitivity or those who test positive during a sensitivity exam using air or touch, invite them to complete one or two UltraEZ gel treatments before the whitening treatment begins. The extra dose of potassium nitrate and fluoride can be just the thing to get them to the end of their whitening treatment as comfortably as possible.
UltraEZ desensitizing gel minimizes sensitivity, which can enhance patient satisfaction and improve compliance with whitening treatments. The more comfortable the whitening procedure is for the patient, the more likely they’ll be to complete it and get the results they’re looking for.
UltraEZ Desensitizing Gel Custom Tray Patient Instructions
– See Instructions for Use for complete instructions, warnings, and precautions.
- Express UltraEZ gel into the custom tray. A complete arch should use most of the contents of one syringe. If sensitivity is localized, place gel in affected area(s) and a small amount in the molar region to hold the tray in place.
- Make sure teeth are brushed before placing the loaded tray on the arch.
- Gently press the tray edges against the arch labially and palatally.
- Remove excess gel with a soft toothbrush or clean finger.
- With the tray in place, treatment time begins now.
- At the end of treatment, brush the teeth, being careful not to swallow the UltraEZ gel, and use a soft toothbrush and cold water to clean the tray.