Resin Luting Cement
Duo-Link Universal adhesive resin cement is specially formulated for cementation of ALL* indirect restorations. It is intended for use with adhesives designed for compatibility with all dental materials, including all BISCO adhesives.
Duo-Link Universal is compatible with all dental materials, however when coupled with BISCO’s All-Bond Universal® light-cured adhesive, Z-Prime™ Plus and Porcelain Primer is the ultimate product combination for all indirect restorations. The Duo-Link Universal Kit is a comprehensive, easy to use kit that will help simplify product selection and procedures in your office.
- Easily identified on radiographs for quick and effective diagnosis
- Ideal for all CAD/CAM restorations
- Low film thickness ensures the restoration is completely seated
- Available in two esthetic shades, Universal and Milky White
- Auto-mix dual-syringe guarantees a perfect mix, easy placement and limited waste
- Formulated to allow for quick and easy removal of excess cement
- Extremely high degree of conversion in both light- and self-cured modes ensures a strong, long lasting restoration
What is DUO-LINK UNIVERSAL and what are the indications?
Duo-Link Universal is a dual-cured luting cement intended to be used with an adhesive system.
Duo-Link Universal is ideal for cementing all-ceramic/porcelain, metal, and composite restorations (inlays, onlays, crowns, bridges), as well as fiber and metal posts.
What advantages does DUO-LINK UNIVERSAL provide over other resin cements?
- Extremely high degree of conversion in both light-cured and self-cured modes ensures maximum performance for any clinical situation.
- Ultrafine filler particles make Duo-Link Universal extremely resistant to wear and staining.
- High filler content of Duo-Link Universal increases strength.
- Low film thickness ensures the restoration can be completely seated.
- Auto-mix dual-syringe guarantees a perfect mix, and easy placement.
What is the shelf life of DUO-LINK UNIVERSAL?
Do I need to refrigerate DUO-LINK UNIVERSAL?
No. Duo-Link Universal may be stored at room temperature (20°C/68°F-25°C/77°F).
What is the working time of DUO-LINK UNIVERSAL?
Minimum 2 min. (includes mixing)
Can I use DUO-LINK UNIVERSAL to cement veneers?
Yes, however, BISCO recommends the use of a light-cured resin cement such as Choice™ 2 for veneer cementation. When placing thin veneers, it is preferable to use only light-activated resin cements. Light-only polymerized cements allow for longer working time, do not need to be mixed, have shorter finishing time, increased color stability, and longer shelf life.
What adhesive can I use with DUO-LINK UNIVERSAL?
Duo-Link Universal is intended for use with an adhesive. Some manufacturer’s adhesives are too acidic to properly bond to self -& dual-cured resins. ALL BISCO manufactured adhesives are compatible with self- & dual-cured cements. If you are using an adhesive from a different manufacturer, please refer to their instructions for compatibility.
What is the best way to clean up DUO-LINK UNIVERSAL?
To aid in the removal of excess cement, initially light cure the margins for 2-3 seconds by waving the light over the restoration or remove excess cement prior to curing.
Do I need to pre-treat the surfaces of my indirect restorations?
Yes. Silane should be used to prime the surface of glass ceramics. Z-Prime™ Prime should be used to prime the surface of metals, composites, and Zirconia.
What is the possibility that I might see marginal discoloration?
In addition to proper marginal fit, the following should be taken into consideration:
- We recommend that you do not use iron-containing hemostatic liquids with translucent all-ceramic crowns. A grayish tint may develop underneath the translucent restoration a few weeks after cementation. Do not use ferrous liquids at the impression appointment or seating appointment.
- Hydrogen peroxide is a strong oxidizing agent that decomposes chemical initiating systems. Hydrogen peroxide is not easily removed from the tooth surface by a water spray. Typically, Amine and Peroxide are the two basic chemicals that make up a base and catalyst reaction in dental cements. The use of Hydrogen Peroxide should generally be avoided with all resin cements.
- Contamination from saliva and crevicular fluids can be a major cause of discoloration. Use of a rubber dam, when possible, should be considered.
Is DUO-LINK UNIVERSAL compatible with pre-fabricated core build-up materials?
Yes. The surface of the core build-up material should be roughened. Use alcohol to clean and dry, apply an adhesive according to manufacturer instructions.
* It is recommended to use CHOICE™ 2 for veneer cementation.