The unique, minimally invasive Uveneer direct composite template system creates beautiful direct composite veneers with predictable shape and symmetry. It mimics natural dentition and is designed to create high-quality, natural-looking anterior restorations in one visit. Uveneer templates use innovative technologies that help achieve a refined, anatomically correct, high-gloss restoration in a fraction of the time than if done freehand. Results are both reproducible and predictable.
- Allows for predictable, high-quality, natural-looking composite restorations
- Prevents the oxygen inhibition layer during curing process resulting in a hard, glossy surface
- Allows light to pass through the template to the composite for effective curing
- Works with any preferred composite
- Releases easily from cured composite resin
- Requires minimal adjusting or polishing—saving time
- Can be used on individual or multiple teeth
- Templates are autoclavable and reusable, making it cost effective for both patients and dentists
- Can enhance practice efficiency
- Each template is numbered to correspond with the tooth number, tooth size, and upper and lower arch
- Exclusive only to Ultradent
Indications for Use
Use Uveneer template system for direct composite veneer applications, cosmetic mock-ups and shade selection, temporaries during porcelain veneer creation, and all Class 3, 4, and 5 cases.
Missing Lateral Incisor and Peg Lateral
A young girl with congenitally missing lateral incisor and a peg lateral. Using Ribbond single-visit bridge and Uveneer templates provide aesthetics, durability, and immediate convenience.
Images courtesy of Dr. Bob Lowe
Upper Arch Restoration for Eight Teeth
Smile enhancement using composite veneers with Uveneer templates for 8 teeth in the aesthetic zone.
Images courtesy of Dr. Ian Shuman
Upper Arch Restoration
An amazing smile transformation for this young man using composite layering technique and Uveneer template.
Images courtesy of Dr. Victor Acosta
Non-Vital Central Incisor
Composite veneer on a dark non-vital central incisor using opaquer, tints and the Uveneer template.
Images courtesy of Dr. Ahmed Husam Abu Diab
Esthetic Alternative to Partial Dentures
This patient who was embarrassed of his teeth and disliked using a removable partial denture, or flipper, had this to say about the restorative work done using Uveneer: “I’m very pleased with the results and can’t tell you how much I do not miss wearing a flipper. I’m smiling much wider these days and thankful that a procedure like this can give me (or anyone in this position) some time to figure out the ideal and permanent solution [for] a smile.”
Images courtesy of Dr. Sigal Jacobson
The Only Direct Composite Template System
The Uveneer template system is the only template system designed to create beautiful direct composite veneers in one visit. With Uveneer templates, clinicians can create veneers with predictable shape and symmetry every time, for every patient.
Each template is designed to mimic ideal tooth anatomy according to the rules of smile design and the “golden proportion.” Each template incorporates ideal height to width ratio, contour, embrasure, and center midline.
Due to this precise anatomical contour, the final result will yield different thicknesses of composite (less toward the incisal third and gingival areas and greater in the middle of the facial surface). This varied thickness of material creates different effects and values, and as a result only one shade of composite is needed in many cases to get a natural gradient effect.
Constructed of Translucent Material
Each translucent template allows light to transfer from the curing light through to the composite. Uveneer templates shut off the composite oxygen inhibited layer during the curing process, thus leaving a finished glossy and contoured surface.
Will Not Stick to Composite
Uveneer templates are made from medical grade translucent plastic with a nonstick coating and are both reusable and autoclavable.
Kit Includes Templates For All Anterior Teeth In The Upper And Lower Arch
The Uveneer template system kit features 32 templates in total, including both large and medium sizes. Each arch consists of eight templates from centrals to premolars (bicuspids). Each Uveneer template is numbered to correspond with tooth number, tooth size, and upper and lower arch to assist in correct replacement.
Uveneer Direct Composite Template System Step by Step
– See Instructions for Use for complete instructions, warnings, and precautions.
- Remove all caries if needed and minimally prepare the tooth.
- Place interproximal separating matrices and apply Ultra-Etch™ etchant, Peak™ SE Primer, or preferred etch.
- Rinse etch according to manufacturer’s instructions. Do not rinse if using Peak SE Primer.
- Apply Peak™ Universal Bond adhesive or preferred adhesive to tooth surface.
- Light cure with VALO™ curing light 1 x 10 seconds on Standard Power. If using other curing light, cure according to manufacturer instructions.
- Apply Mosaic universal composite or preferred composite directly onto tooth.
- Do not light cure composite.
- Select chosen Uveneer template. Template should ideally cover the entire facial surface of the tooth. If not, additional composite may be used at the periphery to compensate.
- Align centerline of template parallel to the midline of the face and perpendicular to the incisal plane. Using thumb, press the concave side of the selected template onto the tooth. Press firmly to remove any trapped air.
- Remove any excess composite from the periphery.
- Using VALO curing light, cure composite through template. For every 2mm layer, cure 1–2 x 10 seconds on Standard Power, 1–2 x 4 seconds on High Power, or 1–2 x 3 seconds on Xtra Power. If using other curing light, cure according to manufacturer instructions.
- Remove the Uveneer template by gently lifting the handle. Using VALO curing light do final cure directly onto composite. To ensure composite is cured thoroughly, for every 2mm layer, cure 3 x 10 seconds on Standard Power, 3 x 4 seconds on High Power, or 3 x 3 seconds on Xtra Power. If using other curing light, cure according to manufacturer instructions.
- Avoiding the glossy facial surface, trim excess composite from periphery with a fine flameshaped bur in Jiffy™ Composite Finishing Bur Kit. Use Jiffy™ Composite Polishers, Brushes, Diamond Strips, or Proximal Saws for minimal finishing and adjusting if desired.
- Immediately after use, thoroughly wipe template with alcohol pad, dry, bag, and autoclave according to Uveneer template IFU. Do not leave any composite residue on the template in order to maintain translucency and shine.